What is a Hot Towel Scrub?
A Hot Towel Scrub is exactly what it sounds like! 🙂
Taking a hot cotton towel and scrubbing it all over your body can have amazing benefits! Body scrubbing can be done before of after your bath or shower or anytime during the day. All you need is a sink with hot water and a medium-sized cotton washcloth.
For the maximum effect, scrub your body twice a day – once in the morning and once again in the evening.
Scrub for 2 minutes to 20 minutes, depending on the amount of time you have.
The process of the hot towel scrub has a deeper physical, mental, and emotional effect when done at the sink as opposed to in the shower.
Why Hot Towel Scrub?
- Reduces Muscle Tension
- Re-engerizes in the morning and deeply relaxes at night
- Opens the pores to release stored toxins
- Softens deposits of hard fat below the skin and prepares them for discharge
- Allows excess fat, mucus, cellulite, and toxins to actively detox rather than to accumulate around deeper vital organs
- Relieves stress through meditative action of rubbing the skin
- Activates the lymphatic system, especially when scrubbing underarms and groin
- Easy massage and deep self-care
- Can be sacred moment in your day, especially if down with candlelight and a drop or two of essential oil such as lavender
- Creates a profound and loving relationship with the body, especially parts not often shown care, and particularly for a person with body image problems
- Spreads energy through the chakras
- Calms the mind
How to Hot Towel Scrub
- Turn on the hot water and fill the sink
- Hold the towel at both ends and place in the hot water
- Wring out the towel
- While the towel is still hot and steam, begin to scrub the skin gently
- Scrub one section of the body at a time.
- Scrub until the skin becomes slightly pink or until each part becomes warm
- Reheat the towel often by dipping in the sink of hot water after scrubbing each section or as soon as the towel starts to cool
Tip: Add a fragrant essential oil to the hot water for a more luxurious experience Not only can it create a more soothing experience, but you’ll also smell delicious afterwards! Aromatherapy at the same time? YES PLEASE!
Here’s to health and wellness!