Who is this workshop for?
Teenage girls ages 13-17 that can use help in building self-confidence in every aspect.
Who will be running the workshop?
Lauren Bosco is the Founder and Head Coach of the Kids Fitness League. Lauren has a degree in Psychology from the University of Windsor with a focus on Child Psychology. She is also a certified Health Coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Lauren also operates Windsor CrossFit and has several CrossFit and CrossFit Kids fitness certifications.
How long is the workshop going to be?
The workshop is going to be 1.5 Hours long each week. We will be starting promptly at 5:00pm and ending at 6:30pm.
There are 4 sessions in this workshop, and they are:
April 7th – 5p-6:30p
April 14th – 5p-6:30p
April 21st – 5p-6:30p
April 28th – 5p-6:30p
What kinds of things will you be talking about in the workshop?
A few topics we’ll be discussing in the workshop are:
- Introducing appearance ideals
- Sources of appearance ideals
- Appearance pressures
- Challenging appearance pressures
- What are media messages
- Purpose of media messages
- Manipulation of media messages
- Remixing our responses to media messages
- The comparison process
- Negative consequences of comparing
- The “whirlpool of comparisons”
- Changing our scripts
- Introducing body talk
- Exploring examples of body talk
- Problems with body talk
- Avoiding body talk
- Valuing other qualities
- Planning future actions
- Types of bullying
- Why people bully
- How to handle bullies
What will you be doing in the workshop?
The workshop will consist of highly interactive powerpoint lectures, along with activities. Activities will either be done in a small group, as partners, or as an individual. There will also be icebreaker games so the girls can get to know their fellow workshop attendees, build friendships, and feel as though they are opening up in a safe and comfortable space.
Where is the workshop going to take place?
The workshop is going to take place in the Kids Fitness League Room within Windsor CrossFit’s facility.
Do I have to stay at the facility while my child is in the workshop?
No, you don’t have to stay at the facility while your child is at the workshop. If you wish to stay at the facility during the workshop, you’re more than welcome to! Our reception area has a big comfy couch with Apple TV! 🙂 Oh Yeah!
Am I (the parent/legal guardian) allowed in the workshop?
Unfortunately not. Ultimately, I want kids to experience this workshop free of any parental influence.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW!
- Please bring your teen into the facility when dropping them off and come in to pick them up. We don’t let minors leave the facility unless they’re with a parent/legal guardian.
- If someone else will be picking up your minor other than yourself (ex. family friend or relative), please let me know in advance via email (email@example.com) or by phone (519.903.3099).
- I will have snacks every week for the girls during the workshop. The snacks will be healthy (of course!). Please let me know of any allergies your teen may have.
- There will be no refunds for the workshop.